Welcome to HERA - Humanities in the European Research Area
HERA – Humanities in the European Research Area - is a partnership between 21 Humanities Research Councils across Europe and the European Science Foundation (ESF), with the objective of firmly establishing the humanities in the European Research Area and in the European Commission Framework Programmes.
The humanities are crucial to the understanding and conceptualising of fundamental changes in contemporary European society. Linking national programmes and launching joint research programmes dealing with all-encompassing social, cultural, political and ethical developments will generate new knowledge and enable policy-makers, scientists and the general public to interpret the challenges of a changing world. HERA aims to set new and innovative research agendas and thus enhance the humanities’ contribution to the European Research Area as well as to the ongoing debates on issues of particular relevance to European society.
- [19/04/13] Knowledge Transfer events: “Advertising and the Sublime” (Last Updated: 17/05/13)
- [18/04/13] Workshop - Digitally Born Collections, Curation and the Future of the Humanities (Last Updated: 08/04/13)
- [30/05/13] HERA JRP I Final Conference and Humanities Festival (Last Updated: 04/04/13)
- [14/03/13] Debating the Dynamics of Cultural Memory: The Case of the Early Middle Ages (Last Updated: 12/03/13)
Research Policy Spotlight
- HERA JRP “Cultural Encounters”: Outcome of the first phase of selection (Last Updated: 26/07/12)
- Nearly 600 Outline Proposals submitted to the HERA JRP "Cultural Encouters" (Last Updated: 30/05/12)
- [21/02/12] HERA JRP Matchmaking Event "Cultural Encounters" (Last Updated: 09/02/12)
- New Trans-European Humanities Funding Opportunity (Last Updated: 09/02/12)