Clemens Gantner, Participant
Institut für Mittelalterforschung, Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Wohllebengasse 12-14, 1040 Wien, Austria
Date and Place of Birth: Munich, 11.2.1981
- MPhil at University of Vienna in History and Communication Sciences 1999-2005
- MPhil at University of Vienna in Historical Research, Auxiliary Sciences and Archival Science 2005-2009
- PhD Project at Vienna
- Researcher in the Wittgenstein Prize project of Walter Pohl, 2008-2010
- Participant of the HERA CMRP project since 2010
- Member of the Institute for Austrian Historical Research (IÖG) since 2009
The Early Medieval Papacy and its relations all around the Mediterranean; Early Medieval Europe vis-à-vis Byzantium and the Islamic World.
- The label ‘Greeks’ in the papal diplomatic repertoire in the eighth century, in Strategies of Identification, ed. Walter Pohl and Gerda Heydemann (Turnhout, 2011).
- New Visions of Community in Ninth-Century Rome: The Impact of the Saracen Threat on the Papal World View, in Visions of Community, ed. Walter Pohl, Clemens Gantner and Richard Payne (Aldershot, 2011).