The Knowledge Exchange and Strategy Group consists of four members of the HERA Board, two management team members, two non-academics, and two HERA funded project leaders.
The Knowledge Exchange Strategy Group provides strategic direction on Knowledge Exchange to the HERA Network Board. Specific areas of focus for Knowledge Exchange include:
- Developing and updating the HERA Knowledge Exchange Strategy
- Providing support to HERA award holders to ensure the successful delivery of existing Knowledge Exchange activities planned by the projects and to enable further opportunities to be developed
- Facilitating networking and intellectual sharing between HERA award holders and steering projects towards possible synergies
- Exploring mechanisms for funding additional Knowledge Exchange activities
- Facilitating networking and sharing of best practice between award holders
- Exploring mechanisms for capturing the successes (and ‘failures’) of Knowledge Exchange activities and longer-term impacts of HERA-funded projects
- Exploring the concept of impact and Knowledge Exchange within a European context
- Facilitating the sharing of best practice in supporting Knowledge Exchange across national research councils.
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) chair this group.